Simply put "Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another."
- Although there may be a generational gap between the younger and older veterans, there is still a common bond between the groups - we are veterans. "BROTHER AND SISTERS IN ARMS"
There is a need for veterans of all wars to
communicate with each other, whether it be by way of the traditional
organizations or newer groups; like Battle Grind.
- As America's veterans continue to age, living Pearl Harbor survivors and World War II veterans are becoming fewer and far in between.
- Veterans who fought in World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom, and other combat areas have experiences completely different than those of this generation. All people, including younger veterans, should take some time and listen to what they have to say, if anything just to show our appreciation for past service to our country
- It is very important to educate people about war, what we’ve gained and how great freedom truly is. Any veteran who has fought will tell you war is an ugly thing. Many will also say they fought so others would not have to ever experience the horrors of war.
- That is what we should be coming together to do as veterans, opening peoples eyes to just how good we really have it here in the U.S. and what it costs to keep the spirit of freedom alive.
- We're all family in some way through service regardless of which service you served in. It's almost like knowing your family history. Preserving that legacy is equivalent to preserving family history.
- Regardless of the branch of service or time of service, the willingness to offer your life for this country is one thing that unites all veterans with that unbreakable bond as a brother&sisterhood.
✓Empower members - regardless of our age or rank.
✓Give each other support.
✓Don’t hold us back from continuing to serve our country and our community.
✓By using collaboration and action we will help to solve problems within our veteran community.
✓Bringing the past to the present for the future.